A super simple, easy burrito recipe for Mexican dinner night or burrito night!
Spur of the moment one night – with no ideas of what to make and a pregnancy craving to boot came our burrito creation for a super simple and easy burrito recipe for dinner. It came together nicely and tasted amazing!
Disclaimer: I am no professional writer or chef so if this doesn’t make sense – sorry. I tried my best to describe what I did and I hope it works out for you! If you make this, I’d love to see it how it turns out! Share it with me, @courageouslynavigating.
*makes 6-8 burritos – based on the quantity of the wraps
- 3 Chicken breast
- ½ cup Black beans
- ½ cup Corn
- a bottle of Green Tomatillo (or green enchilada sauce) – I find it in the Mexican aisle at Walmart
- 1 can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 cup Cheese
- Bag of Wraps
- 1 cup of Rice
- 1 TBSP Tex Mex Spice
- I started by poaching my chicken breast. Add water to the pot with the chicken until the chicken is about ¾ covered. Put the lid on and turn the stove top on. I also added some tex mex spice to the chicken while it was cooking.
- Check the internal temp of the chicken when you think it’s ready – 15-20 mins is usually well enough time. The internal temp should be 165F
- Pull the chicken and add it to a frying pan.
- Add the black beans, corn, rice and enchilada sauce – along with any spices you’d like. I added a little more Tex Mex.
- Cook all together until warmed
- Put the burrito together – Add cheese and avocado to the wrap, salsa too if you wish. Then add the mix from the frying pan. Wrap and serve!
We had leftovers for about 2 lunches each (feeding a family of 3). Total of 8 wraps were made.
I’m no professional recipe writer or chef. This is how I did it, and it worked. Any questions? Feel free to email me, DM or comment and I’ll answer best I can. And you can read some of my other recipes under the Health tab HERE, the Butternut Squash Soap is heavenly!
Hope you enjoy!