We are in the kitchen like 95% of the day. Baby and Toddler Snack ideas are always needed around here. It’s snacks, snacks and more snacks. Now that Jude is 9 months he’s starting to have snacks throughout the day too. So we are always looking for snack ideas! These snacks are BLW (baby led weaning) friendly and are great for all ages!
Snack Ideas that are great for babies 6 months+ and toddlers!
for babies and toddler snacks ideas are the most versatile. For babies make sure the fruit is cooked/steamed/baked – soft enough to squish. I love berries for babies – easy, don’t have to cook. Frozen is great too.
- Fruit; Apples, Oranges, Berries, Bananas. But make them balanced. Add a nut butter with it.
- Apple Nachos
- Slivered Almonds
- Chocolate Chips
- Nut butter melted and drizzled on top.
- Fruit and Yogurt
- Full Fat Greek Yogurt for the fat and protein
- Chia seeds or hemp seeds on top for added nutrients
- Fruit and Cottage Cheese or Ricotta Cheese
- Rinse Cottage Cheese for 12m and under (less sodium)
- Frozen Yogurt Tubes or Bars is a fun summer option too.
- Smoothies – everyone loves smoothies
2. Pre – Packaged
There is nothing like a good packaged, store bought snack. Nice and quick and super easy!
- Made Good Bars, Cookies
- Made with vegetables
- GoGo Squeeze – we love these apple sauce pouches
- I always get the box from Costco – the organic ones
- Once Upon a Farm or Love Child Pouches
- Made with real fruits, added grains or seeds for extra nutrients like quinoa or chia seeds.
- Annies Bunny ‘Teddy’ Grahams
- they are kind of like animal crackers or those teddy bear graham crackers
- Veggie sticks are the best afternoon snack. Not heavy, and good for them.
- Add a dip, or hummus for added fun and protein.
4. Snack Trays
- Mix together some nuts, veggie sticks, meats (like deli meat or sausage), cheese and crackers
- Avocado is good with this combo too
- Adding a fruit for the ‘sugar’ aspect goes good
- And a treat is always fun
- A cookie
5. Baked Goods
- Banana Bread
You can’t go wrong with something baked! Adding fruit to them is a great way to sneak those in. Pair it with a smoothie too is another great option!
And of course with BLW and always feeding children comes messes, dishes and all those fun things. You can shop our favorites on my Amazon storefront! The toddler and baby section has our favs.
I hope these ideas help! Share with your mama friends and feel free to leave your best snack ideas below!